Healthy Habits to Start Your Day Off Right
Implementing these healthy habits in the morning will invigorate you all day:
1. Get plenty of sleep the night before. Experts advise 7 to 8 hours of sleep nightly for your health.
- It’s widely known that caffeine can cause sleep disturbances. If you’re having trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep, consider stopping your use of caffeine. Switching to decaffeinated beverages, for example, might improve your sleep.
- If you get a good night’s sleep, you’ll be ready to get out of bed at a reasonable time. For best results, arise at the same time each morning and retire at the same time each night.
2. Establish a routine to take care of your skin. Clean your face with facial soap or cleanser, apply a toner or astringent, and finish with your facial moisturizer.
- Apply lotion to the rest of your body in the mornings as well. Many free radicals in the environment assault your skin throughout the day. Providing a protective layer of lotion over your skin every morning is an excellent healthy habit.
3. Drink plenty of liquids as a healthy start to your day. Hydrating your body and skin for the day is a habit that will pay off in many ways. It helps your body and mind all the way down to the cellular level for peak performance.
4. Have a good breakfast. The possibilities for a healthy breakfast are varied:
- Fat-free yogurt with blueberries and strawberries with a bit of granola
- Oatmeal with bananas and coconut milk